WysePower, part of the RSK Group, is currently seeking to appoint a Northern Commercial Manager. The role will be based at its Manchester office with potential to work from home up to two days a week.
The company is looking for a qualified Northern Commercial Manager who is a proven team player. You will be responsible for the Commercial departments at the Leeds, Manchester, and Glasgow depots, reporting to the Commercial Director.
The successful applicant will be responsible for preparing and submitting the commercial results of the business to the Commercial Director and Board, and for the successful running of the commercial functions.
This is predominantly an office-based role, the main responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for our Manchester, Leeds, and Glasgow Office Commercial Departments ensuring that all commercial aspects are being adhered to in all regions.
- Developing the Trainee/ Assistant Quantity Surveyors in all regions.
- Commercially reviewing all contracts and conducting a thorough contract review stating all relevant clauses that are pertinent and need to be adhered to.
- Complying with contractual terms and conditions at all times and checking the compliancy across the contracts.
- Involvement in all aspects of financial and contractual control of assigned projects.
- Implementing site procedure and setup ensuring compliancy by regular auditing or via reporting/monitoring tools.
- Ensuring contractual agreements are adhered to (such as procedures to be followed for authorisation of contractual and variations works) by regular auditing or via reporting/monitoring tools.
- Proactively managing dispute resolution and resolving any contractual issue with a positive financial impact for the group and reporting progress in timely manner.
- Ensuring health and safety on site is adhered to as per contractual terms.
- Assisting in the tender process in relation to commercial matters.
- Procuring subcontract packages
- Preparing monthly forecasts and budgets and certifying payment applications from subcontractors.
- Early warning and compensation event management in accordance with contract conditions.
- Assisting in managing projects across the North of England and Scotland (multi locations) simultaneously and be able to confidently assist all operational units on disputed matters and fit into a team working environment.
- Assisting in the procurement and pricing of future work.
If you have experience in the construction industry as a Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager, Cost Manager, Contracts Manager, or similar role, apply today!
- Health assurance
- Flexible benefits programme
- Excellent knowledge of the construction industry (preferably electrical).
- Excellent commercial awareness, business acumen and effective negotiation skills.
- Knowledge/understanding of T&Cs on contracts within the construction industry.
- Excellent teamwork and strong leadership skills.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager.
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor to Degree Level.
- Excellent communication skills.